Joining the library is simple, and your membership gives you access to all of our services and facilities. It also applies to the rest of your household, so anyone living at the same address automatically becomes a member too.
Being a member of Morrab Library gives you:
- Access to our beautiful Victorian building. Built in 1841 by the Pidwell family, who also owned what is now the surrounding Morrab Gardens, the library took possession of the house in 1892.
- The opportunity to access our 70,000 books, dating from the 17th century to the present day. They cover a diverse range of subjects and most are available to borrow.
- The chance to explore our extensive archive collections. We hold over 15,000 historic photographs, which are currently being digitised and made available on our website by a wonderful team of volunteers, as well as an extraordinary paper archive comprising original manuscripts, art and objects collected over two centuries relating to local families and people, events and history. We also have a large collection of historic Cornish newspapers dating back to 1811.
- Spaces to create, work, research, or just enjoy the ambience. All our rooms have wifi and beautiful views!
- Access to our regular schedule of talks and events, as well as opportunities to attend classes and workshops hosted by the library including everything from Shakespeare, drawing, stitching, writing, crafting, to Christian art.
- The chance to become part of our Morrab community. We are a friendly, social bunch and everyone is welcome. Our kitchen provides a meeting space for all, with access to tea, coffee and biscuits and a place to enjoy your lunch and the company of others.
How do I join?
Visit the library to collect a membership form, or download a copy here. We can always post you a form if you prefer. We accept payment by card, cash or cheque, or you can set up a direct debit or standing order for annual payments.
What does membership cost?
Household membership costs just £30 per year, £20 for students. Or become a Life Member for £500, or £300 for those over 65. Gift membership is available too. Your subscription runs from 1st January to 31st December, but you can join at any time and the first subscription is reduced for those who join after 30th June.
Come and see us
You are very welcome to look around before you join, and our staff and volunteers will be happy to answer any questions. Or you can join our free guided tour each Friday afternoon at 2.00pm.