Morrab Library is open to members (and their guests), but not to visitors, at this time. Here are our current opening arrangements:
- We are open Tuesday to Saturday 10.00am – 4.00pm.
- You no longer need to make an appointment to visit the library to borrow books.
- We continue to take room bookings for the first floor, so you can reserve a desk at which to work. Reserved desks are labelled accordingly, so if you haven’t pre-booked but find a table that has not been reserved, you are welcome to use that.
- Entry to the library is via the reception room where we’ll ask you to sign in for track and trace purposes, or use the mobile app to scan your location using the QR code.
- While it is no longer mandatory to wear a face covering whilst moving around the building, staff will continue to do so – please consider doing so as well. This is so that everyone may feel safe when visiting, and will also reduce the risk of closure. Hand sanitiser is also freely available throughout the building.
- Library books should be returned to staff and volunteers at the reception desk.
- The Photo Archive is open on Thursday mornings to members and visitors by appointment. Please arrange this in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling the library to pass on a message to the team.
- The members’ common is partially reopened, and it is possible to make a cup of tea or coffee in the kitchen and take it with you around the building as before. At this stage however, it isn’t possible to remain in the kitchen beyond preparing your drink.