Joining the library is simple, and your membership gives you access to all of our services and facilities. It also applies to the rest of your household, so anyone living at the same address automatically becomes a member too.
Being a member of The Morrab Library gives you:
- Access to our beautiful Victorian building. Built in 1841 by the Pidwell family, who also owned what is now the surrounding Morrab Gardens, the library took possession of the house in 1892.
- The opportunity to access our 70,000 books, dating from the 17th century to the present day. They cover a diverse range of subjects and most are available to borrow.
- The chance to explore our extensive archive collections. We hold over 15,000 historic photographs, which are currently being digitised and made available on our website by a wonderful team of volunteers, as well as an extraordinary paper archive comprising original manuscripts, art and objects collected over two centuries relating to local families and people, events and history. We also have a large collection of historic Cornish newspapers dating back to 1811.
- Spaces to create, work, research, or just enjoy the ambience. All our rooms have wifi and beautiful views!
- Access to our regular schedule of talks and events, as well as opportunities to attend classes and workshops hosted by the library including everything from Shakespeare, drawing, stitching, writing, crafting, to Christian art.
- The chance to become part of The Morrab Library community. We are a friendly, social bunch and everyone is welcome. Members can make tea and coffee in our kitchen and help themselves to biscuits in return for a small donation.
How do I join?
Visit the library to join in person or click on one of the links below to join online. We accept payment by card, cash or cheque, or you can set up a direct debit for annual payments.
Regular Member (£40 annually – Direct Debit)
Regular Membership, Instalment (£10 quarterly – Direct Debit)
One Off Payment:
Regular (£40 – One Off Payment)
Student (£20 – One Off Payment)
Life Member, Over 65 (£300 – One Off Payment)
Life Member, Under 65 (£500 – One Off Payment)
Please remember that if you are a U.K. taxpayer and would like to boost your contribution to the library then you can do so by filling in a Gift Aid form when you sign up for membership.
We have created a help sheet, if you need any assistance, which you can view here.
What does membership cost?
Membership costs just £40 per year, £20 for students. Or become a Life Member for £500, £300 for those 65 and over. Gift membership is available too. You can join anytime throughout the year, and subscription runs for one year from the day of purchase.
You’ll receive a reminder to renew your membership up to one month before its expiry.
You are very welcome to look around before you join, and our staff and volunteers will be happy to answer any questions. Or you can join our free guided tour each Friday afternoon at 2.00pm.
Come and see us