Being a trustee is a voluntary role and we welcome applications from people from all walks of life. It is not necessary for trustees to be expert in all areas of governance but we have to ensure that collectively the Management Committee has the skills and experience to operate effectively and to support the Librarian and her team. Training and support is available through our membership of the National Council for Voluntary Organisations, where our trustees have access to up to date information and a range of learning opportunities.
From time to time we conduct a skills audit of all our trustees and, at the moment, we are especially looking for people with experience in finance, PR, HR, building & construction and IT.
All members of the management Committee:
- Commit to the core vision of the Morrab Library to inspire members of the community through books, archival materials and events within a unique tranquil space for learning, reflection, creation and making new connections;
- Contribute their skills and expertise to the Management Committee’s collective decision making;
- Positively promote the Morrab Library and act as an advocate for the organisation;
- Support the Library’s income generation initiatives including the search for external funding;
- Accept the legal duties and responsibility of trusteeship;
- Devote the necessary time to the role, including attending Zoom and face to face meetings, supporting the Librarian and, on occasion, attending events.
The trustees meet on the first Tuesday of every month either by Zoom or in person. Working groups are occasionally formed for specific projects and meet on an ad-hoc basis.
If you are interested in joining our team we would very much like to hear from you. Please email our Secretary, Paget MacDonald at email@example.com if you would like to find out more about us, let us know about your skills, and why you are interested in joining us.
Best wishes from the Management Committee at Morrab Library