We are delighted to invite you to take part in the ILA Annual Meeting, to be held on the 30th and 31st May at The Morrab Library in Penzance, Cornwall.
Library staff, trustees, and volunteers are all welcome to deliver a paper, lead a discussion, or share your experiences around the theme of “Facing the Future: Responding to the challenges faced by Independent Libraries”, either in person, or via ZOOM.
Fundraising, governance, volunteers, the climate crisis and more – independent libraries need to confront a range of challenges in order to remain sustainable and future-proof. How are our libraries addressing the issues that are crucial to ensuring our survival and relevance? Proposals could include:
- Successful fundraising projects at your library, large or small;
- Tips and tricks on writing successful fundraising applications;
- Encouraging and supporting volunteers in the various roles they play;
- Managing a significant volunteer project;
- Experience of making old and even listed buildings more environmentally sustainable;
- How good library governance can support change management.
We emphasise that your paper, or the session you lead, does not need to be scholarly, and all staff, trustees and volunteers of independent libraries are welcome to deliver sessions.
We would love to welcome you and help to share your stories about the wonderful world of Independent Libraries!
We shall open up bookings for attendance at this hybrid event at a later date.
We look forward to hearing from you.